Saturday, September 4 ended the European Championship in Split and we returned to the base after 12 days away.
For DB Marine this Championship has undoubtedly been a great success from many points of view, not least for the performance of our DB-R1.
We have worked hard to give the best possible service and assistance to all 49 boats and crews and we hope to have succeeded.
This is why we want to share with those who follow us some numbers that make us particularly proud:
– DB-R1 Ltd Ed. 31592 (USA 31337) wins the Open Championship with 4 firsts places
– DB-R1 31667 (ESP 31174) is Vice-European Champion with 2 firsts places
– 3 DB-R1 win 7 of the 8 races
– 5 DB-R1 in the TOP 10
– 22 boats out of 49 were of our production both DB-R1 and previous model (representing the 45% of the fleet)
DB SERVICE TEAM PERFORMANCE:
– 15 repairs ON SITE on as many boats (representing about 30% of the entire fleet)
– 20 trimming and/ or rigging interventions ON SITE (representing about 40% of the entire fleet)
– 80 km cycled within the boat park alone
– about 2900 km travelled by car and van to bring boats, equipment and materials
– 150 hours of assistance on land and on the water with 3 people always available
– 7 chartered boats (equal to about 14% of the entire fleet)
These numbers well represent the spirit that animates the DB Team: you think of racing, we take care of everything else!
We want to thank all those who have supported us: thanks to our collaborators, friends, customers and suppliers.
And thanks to the organizers of this event who, managing to overcome all the difficulties due to this difficult period, have been able to create a magical and engaging atmosphere, where everything worked perfectly. Well done everyone!
Good wind to all and see you at the next challenge!